Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Let's talk Halloween

Digg!
Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. I love to decorate and do fun things to get ready. It is nice that Halloween is at the end of the month so you can start to do things on October 1st.
Of course this year I haven't been able to do the decorating I wanted because of being on bed rest, but I have been able to work on a few cards this weekend.



This card I made by stamping the pumpkin and the Boo message onto paper. I love this ribbon. It came in a pack of ribbons I got last year in the scrapbooking section of Target.
When I make cards, I usually keep them pretty simple because I haven't graduated to the level of some card makers who can put lots of details and layers in their cards. But, I'm working on it.
If you are interested in trying to make some cards, but don't want to invest a lot of money or you want to do a cheap project with your kids,
check out Michael's crafts. The pumpkin stamp and boo stamp on the first card, and then the skull and cross bones stamp on the second card are all wooden stamps I bought for $1 at Michael's. The brand is called Studio G. They usually have these stamps for various holidays, not just Halloween.
Even if you buy Halloween cards at the store, these stamps are fun to let kids stamp on the outside of the envelopes.
The top card is actually going to be a topper for a treat bag. I'll try to post a picture of one of the finished treat bags when I put it together. Who doesn't love some good treats?
Check back tomorrow for more Halloween chatting. I've got my next doctor's appointment in the morning, so my next post might not happen until the afternoon. We've reached another milestone today, 35 weeks!

No comments:

Blog Archive