Friday, October 3, 2008

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!

Happy Friday everyone! Another week down and we are marching forward towards week 35 of this pregnancy. We got a good report from the ob on Wednesday. I'm still on bed rest, but I'm hopeful that if I can make it two more weeks to 36 weeks the doctor will ease up on that. He said we are taking this week by week. When they did my ultrasound on Wednesday, they were pleased with how the stitch in my cervix is holding up and the baby was responding well and the amount of fluid was good too. He is weighing approximately 5 pounds 3 ounces, so his weight was good to. Getting that good news at the appointment has really lifted my spirits. After 3 weeks of being on bed rest and house arrest, it is good to hear that what I've been doing is working. Hopefully this little guy will hang on a little bit longer.

And now for my Fabulous Favorite Friday picks. Before I went on bed rest, I saw this soda in the store and we were finally able to find it in diet (have to do that because of the gestational diabetes). But it comes in regular and diet. It is Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash. I LOVE this soda. I can tell that I would like it in the regular, even though I've been drinking the diet. The diet reminds me of how Diet Dr.Pepper tastes the closest to regular Dr. Pepper.

Apparently Pepsi has this out as a seasonal soda. I highly recommend this soda. I can see this being one where it would be great as a mixed drink (think Sandra Lee and her cocktail time).

So, if you are looking for something new to try, check out Sierra Mist Free Cranberry Splash.




My second Fabulous Friday pick are these slippers from Target. I LOVE these slippers. My sweet sister sent these to me. Aren't they cute for Halloween? Before I went on bed rest, I saw them and I know they have different designs too.

Last year for Christmas my sister got me a pair for Christmas pair and I have loved them. They stretch so it is a one size fits all and they run $4.99. Also, the bottom of these say Meow that is made of a material that will keep you from slipping around in them.

If you saw my previous post this week about Booing, these would be really cute to put in a Boo bag. Or, if you plan on doing Elfing for Christmas, keep your eye out for the Christmas ones. They'd also make a great stocking stuffer for someone.


Have a great weekend. If you get either this soda or these slippers, I'd love to hear that you did and see what you think about them.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi Shelly! Thanks for the tip on the Cranberry Splash. I LOVE cranberry drinks and I haven't seen this one yet. I'll be on the lookout. I can just see it at the holiday season as a pretty cocktail. Maybe add a little Cointreau or Triple Sec, a shot of Tequila, maybe a splash of lime. Yum!

Glad to see that you and the baby are doing well. You're a real trooper. Hang in there girlfriend!

Blog Archive