Friday, October 24, 2008

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!

Happy Friday everyone! Still haven't had the baby yet. It is hard to believe that we have way exceeded expectations and made it to 37 weeks plus. I have an appointment this afternoon, so hopefully things will still be good when I go to the ob.

I wanted to share two different things today for my Fabulous Favorite Friday picks. The first is this Celestial Seasonings Tangerine Orange Zinger tea. I usually drink Constant Comment Orange tea, but when I sent dh to the store this last week they didn't have it. So, he called and asked if it was ok to get me this and I said yes. I have really enjoyed this tea. I love orange/citrus flavored tea so this was a nice change. It is caffeine free, so I have been enjoying a cup of this every evening. Once I get rid of this gestational diabetes, I'll be enjoying a cup of this tea along with some pumpkin bread. If you are a tea lover, I would recommend giving this a try.

My second pick is a tv show that dh and I usually dvr every week. It is called Pushing Daisies and it comes on Wednesday nights on ABC. This show is so cute and something about it hooked us from the beginning. If you've never seen the show, it isn't too late to start watching. It isn't a show like Lost where you'd be completely lost if you hadn't seen all the episodes.

In a nut shell, the show revolves around a guy named Ned who is a pie maker and owns a place called The Pie Hole (and man they have some good looking pie on that show). He has a secret gift to bring things back to life. If they are alive more than a minute then something else has to die. He works with a private investigator and they go to the morgue and bring folks back to life for a minute to ask who killed them. Then he and the p.i. collect the reward.

In the first season he brings back to life his childhood sweetheart, Charlotte. So, there are twists and turns from him doing that and the dynamics between the two. Also, there is a waitress who works at The Pie Hole that is madly in love with the pie maker, but he isn't in love with her so you have that working as well. The girl who places the waitress, Olive, used to play on the West Wing. Her name is Kristin Chenoworth. She is trained as an opera singer and used to be in Wicked on Broadway. They've had her sing on the show and she has such a cute personality. So does the actress who plays the pie maker's girlfriend Charlotte, aka Chuck.

I know this show probably sounds strange and morbid, but really it is a clever show and is very entertaining. And for all you knitters out there, the private investigator on the show knits. So, grab a cup of tea and a piece of pie on Wednesday nights and sit down to watch Pushing Daisies.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Blog Archive