Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to school tips

Digg!
Yesterday was a hard day for me because my son Sawyer started his first day of preschool. He did a fabulous job and it made it a little easier for me. I know he is going to love exploring new things and making new friends.

Two things I did to get ready for school were I came up with two unique ways to label his stuff. His teacher asked us to get a notebook in his school supplies. She uses this as a way to communicate with parents and to let us know how his day went and what he did. I decide to decorate his little notebook. Every time we get pictures done at Portrait Innovations, I end up with way too many wallet size pictures. So, I decided to put one of those to good use by using that to decorate the front of the notebook. I figured that would make it easier for the teacher in the beginning as she is learning the names and faces of the kids. Also, if she ever has a substitute that would help them out as well.

The other labeling project I did was to make little tags that would label his lunch box and book bag. I have a Cricut die cut machine and I cut the labels and shapes with that. If you don't have a die cut machine you could easily cut out a square of simple shape to make this. At Wal Mart in the office section they have a small package of laminating sheets that they say you can use to laminate business cards. They don't require a laminating machine and are pretty much peel and stick. I used those to laminate the tags so they would last us. Once I did that I used a hole punch to make a hole in the tag so we could then attach it to the backpack and lunch box.

I hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods.

No comments:

Blog Archive