Thursday, September 24, 2009

Chic on the Cheap

Digg!
I've been having a great time lately looking at magazines and on websites at the latest fashion trends. With the weather changing it has inspired me to add some new things to my wardrobe, but I haven't wanted to put out a lot of money.

I love it that leggings and scarves are in this fall. So, I decided to take the plunge and get two new scarves yesterday when I had change to stop by a Forever 21 store. If you don't have a Forever 21 in your area then you can check them out on the web. They sell some great accessories that are reasonably priced if you are looking to get something chic on the cheap. http://forever21.com

I am such a fan of traditional colors and patterns. So when I saw this red plaid scarf I knew I had to get it. I can see this pop of red brightening up my fall and winter outfits. I love the long scarves like this because they can be worn long or easily shortened.

This scarf is called the plaid fleece crinkled scarf. Not only will this be fashionable, but it will help keep my neck warm. Fasionable and functional. You've gotta love that.




The next scarf I bought was this Houndstooth triangle scarf. I have to admit that triangle scarves scare me a bit because I never feel like I can wear them right, but I love, love, love the black and white houndstooth pattern so I decided to throw caution to the wind and give it a try. I really like how this scarf has the little tassel detailing around the edge of it. I find myself wearing a lot of black t-shirts with jeans in the winter, so I thought this shot of white and black would be a nice way to spruce up my t-shirts.



My final purchase at Forever 21 was this necklace and two pair of earrings set. I have to say that this picture that I got off the website does not do this little necklace justice. This little owl really looks better in person. It comes in silver, which I purchased, as well as gold. I find myself wearing more silver jewelry so I thought this would go with more of my outfits. The earrings are a pair of silver balls and phaux diamonds.

I haven't decided what outfit I'm wearing this owl necklace with, but I can't wait to put it on and agive it a try. I thought this little guy was so cute.



As far as leggings go, I have one pair of plain black leggings I got at Target last year, but I'd love to find something new that could be paired with a jean skirt I own. I think leggings are so great for fall. You never know how the weather is going to be so leggings are a comfortable way to keep warm if necssary, or feel like you can breathe.

So, that is what is going on in my neck of the woods. Hope you are having a great day!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love the red/black scarf! I am not ready to do leggings, I don't think...I did them back in the 80s and not sure it is time to revisit that! LOL They would be adorable on you, Miss Priss!

Blog Archive