Friday, September 18, 2009

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!
Happy Friday everyone. Oh my, I am so tired it is hard to even type. I have been stressed and tired this week. Today was the first day meeting since I have taken over my Mother's of Preschooler's (MOPS) group. The meeting was a success and we are looking forward to a fun year. If you aren't familiar with MOPS, please check them out and find a group in your area. It is so much fun and a wonderful resource for mom's.
After having a long week, the thing I want is a nice hot bubble bath and a good bottle of wine to sip on. So today I thought I'd feature this wine as my Fabulous Favorite Friday pick.
About a month or two ago I was in Target and decided to get a bottle of wine. It was the first time I was going to have alcohol since I'd had the baby because I'd stopped nursing. As I was looking at the available wines in the wine section I saw this one. It was priced under ten dollars and seemed to have a description I would like. So, I bought a bottle and gave it a try.
Now I'm not going to tell you this has a wonderful bouquet and earthy aromas, or that the berries are grown by monks in the south of France. Or that you need to go out and buy it because Oprah drink this wine. Hmm, maybe something cool like that would be good for this post. LOL
I liked this wine because I am a red wine drinker and I found this a great wine to have a glass in the evening. It was an easy red wine to sip while you are watching tv. I know there are a lot of folks that don't care for red wine but if you do then you might want to give this one a try.
I thought you might want to hear the description give to this wine. "The 2007 Red Bicyclette Merlot showcases aromas and flavors of red fruit jam with blackberry and cherry and a smooth mid-palate. This medium-bodied wine has a good depth and finishes strong with a light vanilla flavor from the oak aging."
It is suggested that you can pair this wine with "a variety of meat and seafood dishes, from roast beef and stew to grilled salmon." I could definitley see this wine complimenting any of those meals. With fall coming and folks cooking things that are hearty, this would be a great wine to try.
If you are looking to try a new wine I'd suggest checking out this one. There is a place on their website where you can plug in your zip code to find out a place near you where it is sold. http://www.redbicyclette.com/index.asp
So, that is all from my neck of the woods. Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Blog Archive