Friday, September 25, 2009

In leu of Fabulous Favorite Friday, Gomer says hey!

Digg!
Well, today is the big day. DH and I are leaving town for an overnight trip without the kids. My parents are coming to babysit/house sit/dog sit. We are headed to Mt. Airy, NC to visit the hometown of Andy Griffith for their annual Mayberry Days celebration. DH found out about this over the summer and said we were going. We are big fans of the Andy Griffith show and we watch it whenever it comes on TV Land.

I'm nervous about leaving the kids for the first time, but I am hoping we will have a good time. My understanding is that the biggest star of the show that will be attending is the actress who played Barnie's girl friend, Thelma Lou. There are supposed to be some other folks who were on the show as well. It should be an interesting adventure. I don't know anything about Mt. Airy, but I'm looking forward to exploring the area.

Unfortunately we've looked at the weather forecast and they are calling for rain. I am hoping that it doesn't rain the whole time we are there. I don't look forward to trudging around in my Wellies.

So, because I'm headed out of town I'm taking this Friday off from my Fabulous Favorite Friday post. Next week I hope to have some fun pictures and stories to share from the road trip. So, y'all have a great weekend. And I'll tell Gomer y'all said "Hey". LOL

2 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Have fun on your trip! Your parents are probably looking forward to the weekend as much as you are.

sheila from life @ #17 said...

so are ya'll home yet? I've wanted to visit Mt Airy for a while now but just haven't made it that far :)

Blog Archive