Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Welcome Great Pumpkin!

Digg!



One of our favorite Halloween traditions is watching Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin. DH bought the dvd a few years ago, so we can watch it anytime. Which is a blessing and a curse. LOL I think Sawyer has watched it about ten times since October 1st.

We saw that it came on tv last night, but we didn't watch it since we've had it on dvd. But I understand from a girl in my dentist's office that they had another cartoon on after it with Charlie Brown and apparently they tried to update it and make Charlie Brown sound more hip. I saw a Tweet go out from someone objecting. I think I would have objected too if I'd watched it. Don't mess with the classics.

We've also been reading Halloween stories this week. I got a great story at the Christian book store that is called something like, "I'm not afraid of Halloween night". I think it is a great book to explain about scary things to preschoolers and people dressing up and why not to be afraid.

We also have been reading "Biscuit's Halloween" which is a cute story about a dog named Biscuit. You can purchase the Biscuit stories at Wal Mart. And of course we couldn't leave out Curious George's Halloween book.

One other new book to us is called "The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything." I highly recommend this story. It is really cute and tells of the adventures of a little old lady who comes across different pieces such as a shoes, shirt, pants, and a scary pumpkin head. The pieces follow her home to scare her, but of course being the little old lady who was not afraid of anything, they don't scare her. But she finds a clever job for the pieces. I won't spoil the surprise, but I highly recommend this book.

It is a great book for preschoolers because you can get them to interact with you by doing the "wiggle, wiggle" of the pants, or the "shake, shake" of the shirt. Be sure to check it out.

Tomorrow is Logan's big day and we are in Halloween count down mode. Where is the week going?

Hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Blog Archive