Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gobble Gobble its a Turkey Ring

Digg!



Since Thanksgiving is next week, I thought I'd share this Pampered Chef recipe I made last night. This would be a great way to use your left over turkey, that is if you have any left over. :) This comes from Pampered Chef's "All the Best" cook book. I know a lot of people get invited to parties this time of the year to do Christmas shopping, so if you are invited to a Pampered Chef party, I highly recommend this cook book.

Turkey & Cranberry Ring

2 cups chopped cooked turkey

1 1/2 cups (5 oz) shredded swiss cheese

1/2 cup sliced celery

1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries

3 tablespoons of snipped, fresh parsley

1/2 cup mayonnaise

2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard

1/2 teaspoon coarsley ground black pepper

1 egg white, lightly beaten

2 (8 oz cans of refrigerated crescent rolls)

1. Separate crescent rolls into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles slightly overlapping. In a circle on the Large Round Stone with wide ends 4 inches from the edge of the baking stone. (Points will extend off the edge of the baking stone). Roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 5 inch opening.

2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine turkey, 1 cup of cheese, celery, cranberries, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, and black pepper; mix well.

3. Using a large scoop (cookie or ice cream works great) scoop filling evenly over dough in a continous circle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at the center to form a ring. (Filling willl show).

4.Once you've done step 3, brush the top with the egg white. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Some notes about this recipe..

I never seem to have the celery or parsley, so you don't have to have them to make this. Also, during the year I go to the deli and buy turkey from there and it tastes great.

I also seem to have a hard time making this into one great big ring. So last night I used eight and made two separate rings. Also, I've found with my oven that I was able to pull this out in 20 minutes so keep an eye on these.

I hope you enjoy! This is a great quick meal during the week. Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

2 comments:

Shonda said...

Yum, yum, yummy! I'm going to try it! Thanks for the tips too if we want to make it at other times of the year!

Michelle said...

Sounds and looks yummy! You are the domestic Diva...hands down!!!

Blog Archive