Thursday, November 19, 2009
Since Thanksgiving is next week, I thought I'd share this Pampered Chef recipe I made last night. This would be a great way to use your left over turkey, that is if you have any left over. :) This comes from Pampered Chef's "All the Best" cook book. I know a lot of people get invited to parties this time of the year to do Christmas shopping, so if you are invited to a Pampered Chef party, I highly recommend this cook book.
Turkey & Cranberry Ring
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 1/2 cups (5 oz) shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
3 tablespoons of snipped, fresh parsley
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon coarsley ground black pepper
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 (8 oz cans of refrigerated crescent rolls)
1. Separate crescent rolls into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles slightly overlapping. In a circle on the Large Round Stone with wide ends 4 inches from the edge of the baking stone. (Points will extend off the edge of the baking stone). Roll wide ends of dough toward center to create a 5 inch opening.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine turkey, 1 cup of cheese, celery, cranberries, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, and black pepper; mix well.
3. Using a large scoop (cookie or ice cream works great) scoop filling evenly over dough in a continous circle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at the center to form a ring. (Filling willl show).
4.Once you've done step 3, brush the top with the egg white. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Some notes about this recipe..
I never seem to have the celery or parsley, so you don't have to have them to make this. Also, during the year I go to the deli and buy turkey from there and it tastes great.
I also seem to have a hard time making this into one great big ring. So last night I used eight and made two separate rings. Also, I've found with my oven that I was able to pull this out in 20 minutes so keep an eye on these.
I hope you enjoy! This is a great quick meal during the week. Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (115)
- ► 2010 (156)
- Give Away Announcement Today!
- Birthday Black Friday
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Operation Black Friday aka Shop Til I Drop
- Thankful Tuesday
- Turkey Cookies
- Ramping up for Black Friday
- Gobble Gobble its a Turkey Ring
- Playing hooky
- Our Miracle
- Fight for Preemies Month
- Fabulous Favorite Friday
- Check in later
- I'm living with The Grinch
- Christmas Music
- Happy Monday
- Fabulous Favorite Friday
- Check in Later
- Christmas Shopping
- ELF - and not the Christmas kind
- Baking Day
- Sugar Rush
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2008 (147)