Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm living with The Grinch

Digg!
What a rough few days it has been here. I'm pretty sure Little Logan has a sinus infection and I'm fighting one. I think he may also be trying to cut his first tooth. So needless to say, that baby is not a happy camper. I may just have to get him a Grinch shirt. Poor little monkey just wants his momma every minute. And he has started throwing himself back on the floor in a tantrum if I put him down. So, it is fun times here.

But, I'm not letting all this icky weather and stuff get me down. I'm getting really excited in anticipation of the holidays. I have started talking about Thanksgiving with Sawyer since this will be the first year he will understand. It is so cute, I've been trying to teach that the turkey says, "Gobble, gobble" and to flap his arms like a turkey. It is really cute. I may need to take a video to show y'all.

His preschool class is focusing on leaves month and I'm going to try to come up with some leaf activities here at home. I also have an idea on doing something with turkeys. As soon as I get it all together, I'll share it here on the blog.

I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for books about Thanksgiving. We have a little board book I bought two years ago that we read about Thanksgiving food. I'd love to find something that talks about the Pilgrims and the whole Thanksgiving story.

So, those are my thoughts today on the upcoming holidays and things I'm doing to make it special for my little ones.

Do you have any fun crafts or family traditions for Thanksgiving? I'd love to hear about them. Leave a comment if you do.

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Shonda said...

When I taught Kindergarten we did a turkey craft. You trace your child's shoe on a brown paper and cut. That's the turkey body. Then you trace their hand on 5 different colors, cut and that's the feathers. Then draw the face on the turkey. It's cute.

Blog Archive