Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

Digg!
I can't believe it is Tuesday already. The rest of the year is going to fly by. I'm very excited about Thanksgiving this week and Friday is my birthday. I'm going shopping with my sister while my mom keeps the kids. I haven't been Black Friday shopping in a few years. Since I had the kids so I'm very excited. My sister and I used to go every year. I remember how it was about 15 years ago when Target first came to our area. They started out by giving out goody bags to the first ??? people that would get there. It wasn't much and it went well in our area. But of course there is no way the could do that now. Especially after things like that poor Wal Mart worker got trampled last year. So, practice safe shopping out there if you are going out on Friday.

Today I was reflecting on my blessings and one in particular. I am blessed to have good friends in my life, but there is one friend in particular that I have been so thankful for over the last few years. We both have children the same age. The two oldest are two weeks a part and the babies are 3 days apart. So that is one thing we have in common. One thing among many.

What I love about this friend is that our friendship is not one sided. I'm not always the one calling to get together. We both make the effort. When I've had some difficult times she has always been such a positive force to make me feel better. And when she has had some difficult things to deal with, I've tried to be there for her too.

We got together last week on Wednesday and I was having a rotten week. But once I got together with my friend, it changed not only my day, but my whole week around. We always have a good time and the time flies. I love it that our children are friends. These are friendship I hope both our families will have for a long time.

So, this week I encourage you to call up a friend and remember that friendship is a two way street. Friendship, just like a marriage takes good communication and letting the other person know that you care. And the rewards are so great.

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments:

Blog Archive