Friday, April 11, 2008

Fabulous Favorite Friday Picks

Digg!
Hey everyone! I hope you are having a good Friday. I've had a little trouble with blogger, so I'm finally getting this post up.

The weather is supposed to get to 80 today. We got a quick trip in to the park this morning. I could get used to this weather. I'm a t-shirt and shorts and flip flops gal. I can't wait until the weather changes for good.

Today I thought I'd feature two things that are my favorites.



The first thing I'm featuring today are Haribo Gummy Bears. These are probably my favorite kind of candy. I love the red and orange ones. And, they have to be this specific brand of gummy bear. They are from Germany and before gummy bears got really popular here in the U.S., my grandmother used to buy these from the commissary for me since you couldn't get them in regular stores. They were such a special treat as a kid. And still are. You can buy them at Wal Mart these days, drug stores, etc. I especially like them if they are a little hard to chew on. I can eat a whole bag of these by myself.
The second pick for Fabulous Favorite Friday is the show Hell's Kitchen featured on Fox. This show comes on at 9 on Tuesday evenings in our area. It is a good thing because you definitley don't want you kids watching it.
The Chef pictured below is Gordon Ramsay and he has picked a group of chef wanna be's that this year will win the position of top Chef at Chef Ramsay's new restaurant called Gordon Ramsay at the London West Hollywood which will open in the summer of 2008, I believe in Los Angeles.
Every episode shows the contestants competing in challenges and getting cool rewards and then also competing to complete the dinner service in the Hell's Kitchen restaurant. All the while Chef Gordon Ramsay is yelling at them (they have to bleep out a lot of his rants). But, for those who've never watche the show before, he is doing this to weed out the folks who wouldn't work and to prepare the final winner for their new position. My dh especially laughs when Chef Ramsay starts calling them donkeys, but the way he pronounces it, it sounds like dunkeys. It is pretty funny.
This show has aired, I believe, 3 times before and they have showed the previous winners. If you want to start watching this season, you can catch up because they've only show 2 episodes so far and they are available on the Fox website. This show has usually aired during the summer, but I'm guessing that due to the writer's strike the started it earlier.
Well, I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend. I'll catch ya next week.

No comments: