Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Need some ruby slippers

Digg!
Well, for those of you who don't live in Virginia, I'm sure you saw on the national news that we had terrible storms roll across the state on Monday. I live in Central Virginia not far from where one of the twisters touched down. I have shopped at the shopping center that got hit a number of times. I was so glad I was at home and didn't need to go down there. They showed one family on the news that was in their mini van when the storm hit. It blew the windows out of the van and fortunatley they weren't hurt. They were able to duck down in the van.

When I see the devastation from Suffolk, Virginia where the tornado damage is the worst, I am amazed no one was killed. The folks from all the areas affected have been in my prayers.

When I was a kid, we never had tornados in Virginia. Then it seems like about 15 years ago, we started seeing them pop up in different spots. I've already got the spot I know I'd go to in my house in case a twister comes. I pray I never have to go through one.

The Wizard of Oz has always been my favorite movie, but I never liked the tornado. I guess a girl can always use a pair of ruby slippers.

1 comment:

Jamie Martin said...

Hi, I saw the damage the tornado did on the news and it looked terrible! I can't imagine living through one. Glad you and your family weren't affected by this.