Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Greetings from Duck, NC

Digg!

I have finally gotten our Internet access straight (for the moment). Here is a map of the Outer Banks of N.C. where we are. A lot of people call this whole area from Corolla to Cape Hatteras, Nags Head, but as you can see Nags Head is only one area of the Outer Banks or OBX as you'll see on the oval stickers everyone has on their cars.

The weather has been spotty here. We've had rain showers every day. Yesterday the weather got warmer. It has been cold one minute, a warm up the next. It has been hard to know what to wear.







On Monday we went to visit the Currituck Light House. I thought I'd share a picture with y'all. It was such a nice day. No, we didn't climb to the top of it. It was $7 to do it and frankly I'd pay someone not to climb to the top. LOL We had a picinic lunch of cold fried chicken near the lighhouse and they had a nature center nearby which was fun to go in and see. They had a real stuffed bear which Sawyer loved and immediately growled at. They also had a small aquarium full of fish which was neat to see. It was a very pleasant afternoon.


Here was the sunset on Monday. It was so beautiful, I y'all like to see it. I hope to get some more posts in this week. The Internet access here has been difficult. I hope y'all are having a great week!

No comments: