Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More Scenes from the beach

Digg!

We have slowly, but surely been recovering from our trip to the beach last week. I was so annoyed that the Internet connection at the house was terrible, thus the reason I only posted once last week. My little guy didn't sleep well that week and the weather was cold and rainy, so I was glad to get home to my own bed. But, the trip wasn't all bad and we did have some fun. We got down to walk on the beach twice. We also got a chance to check out a few of the light houses including the Currituck (which I posted a picture of last week) and the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.



Oh, some good news for those of you who visit the Outer Banks area of North Carolina. The famed Christmas Shop on Manteo that closed about 2 years ago is opening back up! We all cheered when we saw this. We drove over just for memories sake and saw a sign and spoke briefly with a gentleman there. We told him how much we had missed the shop and he said they were reopening in May on Mother's Day weekend. So, if you are a fan of the Christmas Shop, head on over when you go down this summer. Pass it on to your friends. I know the Manteo area has greatly missed this treasure and I'm so glad they are reopening. It is a family tradition. Such a cool place.

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse


Check out this cool deer that was resting in the brush by the side of the road by the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.
Yikes! My worst fear. A boy who likes snakes. No, its not real. We will NEVER have one as a pet.

Ah, the crash of the waves makes me sleepy.
Arrrg. If you run in the water one more time, momma is going to make you walk the plank!
Miss Zoe loves the beach. She loves running on the sand.

Well, those are some shots from the trip. I hope to get a post put together tomorrow. If not, then definitley for Fabulous Favorite Fridays.



No comments: