Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bye, Bye Miss American Strawberry Pie

Digg!
Happy Thursday everyone. I thought I'd first start off by acknowledging that after my post yesterday http://chiccraftychick.blogspot.com/2009/05/dear-corporate-america-here-my-cry.html I received a Twitter message from Gymboree. Here is the message I received "@chiccraftychick check out gymboree.com. You shouldn’t have any stroller problems there. :) Plus, there’s free shipping right now!" I give Gymboree props for responding to my post in less than 24 hours. But, I don't always want to have to shop online, I'd like to actually be able to go into the store to shop. I shouldn't have to struggle to get in to the store.

Since I've had shopping issues with my stroller, it has made me more sympathetic to the plight of those in wheel chairs and those nanna's on Jazzy's. If a nanna is going to miss her stories (like Young & the Restless my favorite) to go out and buy her grandbabies some clothes, the least the store could do is make it so she can get through the door. That's all I'm saying. Aren't those Jazzy's the coolest? I think they should come in pink. What Nanna wouldn't love a pink Jazzy? All tricked out. But I digress.

I don't expect stores to change over night because I know stuff like that costs money and takes time, but I hope they'll just start at looking at ways to make shopping in person easier. That's all.

Now back to our regularly scheduled blog post...


This is a picture of the awesome pie I had over the weekend. I wish I could take credit for it, but my sister made this. We celebrated my mom's birthday and when we were growing up our neighbor, Ann would always make a strawberry pie for my mom's birthday since strawberries were in season. It is a family favorite and so my sister thought she would make it.

I thought y'all might like to see it and to get this recipe since a lot of folks have been picking strawberries. We are supposed to go Saturday so I'm hoping to make one of these over the weekend.

Ann's Strawberry Pie

Combine:
1 cup sugar
1cup water
3 tbsp cornstarch

Cook until it thickens & changes from white to translucent. Remove from heat. Add a few drops of red food coloring & 4 tbsp of strawberry jello. Stir well.

Pour over strawberries in baked pie shell.

Chill in refrigerator before serving.

Have a great Thursday y'all!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Mmm, I love strawberry pie--will definitely have to try this!

Blog Archive