Friday, May 22, 2009

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!


Happy Friday everyone. It has been a tough go in our house this week. The two precious angels pictured here have been cranky sick kids. Bless their hearts they both have had sinus infections and unfortunately the antibiotic they were put on appears to not be working. So, I am hopeful the doctor will give them something else that will work. We want to enjoy the holiday weekend. Especially since the weather is supposed to be so nice. We can't wait to see these two in the swimming pool. Sawyer has loved it and I think Logan will too.

Today for my Fabulous Favorite Friday pick, I'm sharing the DiGiorno Italian Style Meatball and Four Cheese Flatbread Melts. I received a coupon in the mail to try this for free, so I decided to try this flavor. In the past, I've tried frozen meals that have a meatball base to them and I haven't liked them. So, I was interested in seeing how this one stacked up.
I have to say that I did enjoy this for my lunch. For being a frozen meal, it had a good flavor.

The other thing that impressed me is that the instructions on the box were so great that this product actually turned out close to what it looks like on the box. I took a picture to show you. A lot of times when I've tried different frozen flatbread or panini products they don't get that toasted look like you see on the box. But, as you can see from my picture this one did.

Since I am usually trying to get lunch for Sawyer at the same time I want to eat, I like being able to grab something like this that can cook in the microwave while I'm getting his lunch fixed. He isn't patient, so being able to free up my hands while I get his lunch helps me multi task.

The other thing I found interesting is that they had instructions on the box that told you exactly which way to fold the melt. So, you can't mess this one up. LOL
There are a couple different flavors, so if this one doesn't appeal to you I'd suggest checking out one of the others. I think there is a Chicken with Bacon & Ranch and I couldn't remember the other flavors. I want to say there are four different flavors total. I want to try that Chicken one next.
If you are interested in giving this a try, here is a link that should let you go and print off a $1.50 off coupon. When I got mine at Wal Mart this week, they were $2.50 so $1.50 off would be nice.

I'd love to hear if you have tried any of these, or if you do end up trying them.

So, that is my review for this week. I hope you and your family have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.

4 comments:

Suz said...

TFS I see these new products often & hesitate to try with the economy... I will sure buy some of these (I agree about the funky meatball taste you get often)

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Man - since I've had to go gluten free I haven't had anything like this in a while - bummer! So nice that it actually ended up looking like the package!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Since having to go gluten free I haven't been able to eat anything like this in a while! So nice that it actually looked like the package!

Jen said...

I'm looking forward to trying this--signed up for the free coupon! Sorry to hear your kiddos are still feeling miserable--that's too bad the antibiotic didn't work well! :(

Blog Archive