Thursday, May 7, 2009

Reflections on Motherhood

Digg!
With Mother's Day approaching, I have been reflecting on how much my life has changed in the last two years since becoming a mother. I thought it would be fun to share some of these discoveries I've made. These are ten things I've discovered since becoming a mom. They are in no particular order.

Discovery #1

If you leave the house with less than three diapers in your bag, a change of clothes, and adequate wipes you might as well be playing russian roulette. They will always have a blow out on you.

Discovery #2

A two year old laughing like a mad man with your cell phone in their hand is one of the scariest things I've ever witnessed. You find yourself praying that they don't figure out how to call 911. Because you can just see in your mind that you'll being featured on the 6 o'clock news and how they'll play the 911 call on the air.

Discovery #3

There is no better smell on earth than a baby who has just had a bath and has Johnson's baby lotion and shampoo.

Discovery #4

I have found myself uttering phrases I never could have imagined including, "We don't throw food" or "Don't put that in your mouth" or "Don't step on your brother".

Discovery #5

Nothing turns a bad day around quicker than the smile of a baby, or a kiss or hug from a toddler.

Discovery #6

Having little eyes that watch your every move makes you want to be a better person.

Discovery #7

Seeing my husband interact with my boys reinforces why I love him so much and why I married him.

Discovery #8

A toddler on the run will give the road runner a run for his money any day.

Discovery #9

Women are the ultimate multitaskers. I've learned to breast feed a newborn, feed a toddler, as well as feed myself all at the same time. And they say a woman can't run this country. LOL

Discovery #10

With all the difficulties I've had to have my children, I wouldn't trade them or the experience of becoming a mom for anything.

So, those are my thoughts today on motherhood.

Blog Archive