Tuesday, March 11, 2008

American Idol and Bunco

Digg!
Tonight its the beginning of the top 12 for American Idol. Hallelujah! This year the top 24 was better than in years past. Thank goodness there was no Sanjayah (bad,bad singer this year). I'm so glad Danny Noreiga is gone. Hello, you're in California do you really need to wear a scarf all the time?


On a scrapping board I'm on they asked everyone to pick how they thought the show was going to shake down this year. Here is my list beginning from #1. I really think it could be the guys year. I just hope that as young as David Archuleta is, that it will work for him. I remember sweet Diana Degarmo from a few years ago not winning the show to the girl who didn't want to wear shoes. What's up with that? But, I digress.



David Archuleta

Carly Smithson

Kristy Lee Cook

Jason Castro

Michael Johns

David Cook

David Hernandez

Brooke White

Ramiele Malubay

Syesha Mercado

Chikezie

Amanda Overmyer

I am hoping that AI gets a little more exciting now that we are down to the final 12. I haven't had any of them really wow me yet.

Bunco Babes

I'll have to dvr Idol tonight because tonight my Bunco group meets. For those of you who have never heard of or played Bunco, it is a dice game. We have 12 ladies in our group. It is great because everyone in the group takes a turn hosting one month, so that way you don't have to worry about the food. We have prizes and it is a great way to get together once a month with my neighbors aka The Bunco Babes. Here is a link so you can find out more info. on Bunco if you are interested. http://www.worldbunco.com/ There are a number of different ways to play it, mostly the scoring and the prizes are what makes each group unique. We have fun because some months the hostess will do themed prizes for things like Halloween, Easter, etc.

We play once a month which is great. The second Tuesday of every month is put on the calendar as Bunco night. We take off July and August since everyone is on vacation those months.

If you've never played, or want a great way to get together regularly with a group of friends, consider starting a group. You can play with as little as 8. Our group started out that small. Feel free to drop me an email if you have any Bunco questions.

Wish me luck. I'll let y'all know tomorrow if I won anything and I hope to have pix of my cards I've worked on.

p.s. If y'all have any thoughts on American Idol, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Blog Archive