Monday, March 10, 2008

Shamrocks, Eggs, and Seeds

Digg!

This month is a very interesting one since we have St. Patty's Day next Monday and then Easter Sunday right on the heels of that. I am all about celebrating holidays, even what some people consider the little ones like St. Patty's Day. I'm not Irish, but hey why not have fun and celebrate along.


So, I've made some St. Patty's Day cards, as well as bought some today. They will go in the mail towards the end of the week. Consider getting a St. Patty's Day card to send to someone unexpectedly. Wouldn't it be great to brighten someone's day?


On the egg front, I bought one of those Easter egg kits along with a dozen eggs to dye them. I used to doing that when I was a kid. I am personally not a hard boiled egg lover, I just enjoy them for their decorating effect. So, when I do them I'll take some pictures and post them on here. If you have any tips or special ways for decorating eggs, I'd love to hear from you. And, if you are decorating eggs, I'd love to feature your work on my blog. Just shoot me an email.


I got my husband to pull out my Easter decorations this weekend and we've got little bunnys around the house. I found some awesome faux chocolate ones a few years ago, so they look really cool set out.


On a side note, I've done my part to help out our little neighbor who is a girl scout, so I've been woofing down Samoas as I blog. Thank goodness I only bought one box. We got a box of thin mints for my husband. I am probably one of the few people in America who does not like thin mints.


Now for the seeds part of my post. While doing my shopping this morning, I picked up some seeds and a starter tray to get seeds started inside since we are still in frost season. I believe we are past the threat of frost sometime in May. I ended up getting some carrots, green peppers and pumpkin seeds. The pumpkin seeds we will send to Sawyer's grandpa because he has a big garden space and can really grow pumpkins. But, we will try our hand at peppers and carrots. Once gardening season gets here I'll get some tomato plants for us to try. I think my little helper will like getting out in the yard. Now if I can just keep him from actually walking on the plants. LOL


So, that is what is going on in our neck of the woods right now. I've been working on a new stamping technique with colored pencils. I hope to post some pictures of what I've been playing with maybe tomorrow or sometime in the next few days.


I hope the sun is shining where you are!

1 comment:

D's Paper Studio said...

I love those eggs. Too cool and it's all coming too fast.

Blog Archive