Friday, March 7, 2008

Hey people, its Friday

Digg!
First, for the tens of you who are reading this blog, thanks so much for reading. And, I'd love to hear from some of you, so please feel free to post a comment or shoot me an email.


It is hard to believe that we've made it to the end of the week. I've had a number of things I've been so excited to blog on today. It has been hard narrowing things down. So, this post is full of lots of goodies.

The first thing I'm excited to write about is that Target has reedemed itself when it comes to shorts. I went to another Target store yesterday, and lo and behold they had some shorts that weren't low rise. Yippee!



I chose this pair because I figured I could pair them with different things in my wardrobe and I loved the belt. They are so comfy. They also come in a great green color. I think I will try to get a few more pairs. I can't wait to wear them once the weather settles down. I just love this look.



Deceptively Delicious Recipe Review #8 - Aloha Chicken Kebabs

Sorry folks, but when I cooked these the other night I could not find my camera, so I couldn't take any pictures or capture any video. So, this review will just have to be a written one.


I loved the sound of these when I read the recipe because they use sweet potatoe puree, along with coconut and pineapple for the coating. I have to say I think that it might be good to a little more sweet potato and coconut than what is called for. I like a thick coat on my chicken.


One tip I will give is that this recipe uses skewers and I ended up pulling mine off the skewers. I found it very difficult to flip them in the pan because of the skewers hitting the edge of the pan. Besides, do you really want your little ones using skewers to sword fight at the table? So, I'd nix them if I were you. Looks cute for the cookbook, but not very practical.


Our Chief Taste Tester, Sawyer, ate these which was a triumph because he does not like to take the time to chew chicken. So, I was glad that he seemed to like the taste enough to work on chewing up small pieces of it. My husband also liked it and when I asked him what he thought, he said out of all the recipes that I've done from this cookbook, this was his favorite. So, we decided to give this one a 5 cheerio rating. I know the last few reviews have been 5 cheerios, but we all really, really liked this one. We hope you will too.




















Ok, now it is time for my Fabulous Favorite Friday picks. These are two things I thought would be great to share with you.

I'd like to not just share products that I find that are great, but also groups or great tv shows. If you are aware of something that you think would be great to share and that I should consider to be Fabulous Favorite Friday pick, please feel free to email me.





My first pick for this Friday is an organiztion called MOPS which stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. http://www.mops.org/ This is a great organization and wonderful way for mothers to network. Also, if you are a new mom this group would be great for you. I have been attending my local group since Sawyer was an infant.

My group meets on Friday mornings and child care is provided. But, I have heard of other groups that meet in the evenings. So if you are a working mom, you may be able to find a group that would fit your
schedule.



My second favorite Friday pick is Jo Frost who is the Supernanny which airs on ABC. If you can't watch this show, set your dvr to tape it. She really is super! I love how she is always dropped off at the families homes in a cute little mini.
She is so wonderful working with difficult families who have problem kids. Even if you don't have any issues with your kids, it is still great to learn some new tricks from her - for dealing with other folks difficult kids (wink). She has such a great way of working with people, it is so heart warming. So, I highly recommend checking out her show. http://abc.go.com/primetime/supernanny/index?pn=bio#t=actor&d=40907
I hope y'all have enjoyed my Friday post and I'll check back in with ya on Monday. Have a great weekend and in the words of the famous Casey Kasem, "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yippee for Target!!!! They do have some cute shorts this year.

Bemused Observer said...

I love those shorts! And, like you, it's nice to see something that isn't a pair of low-rise hot pants!
I haven't tried any of the recipes yet; the most I can manage is to sneak shredded zuchini into meatballs. . .
I love it that you have Sawyer "test driving" the recipes, though. I look forward to hearing about his reactions! He is way too cute . . .

Blog Archive