Friday, August 8, 2008

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!

Happy Friday everyone! It is hard to believe it is 8-8-08. I've been listening to the Today show and hearing how lucky this date is supposed to be. So, I wish y'all the best and a lucky day. And if you buy a lottery ticket and win, don't forget about me. LOL (wink, wink)

I myself am feeling rather lucky. I am almost to 27 weeks with this pregnancy and I have a wonderful family. The kids rooms are all ready to go and Sawyer has been liking his new room. Now if I could just find the right curtains for his room I'd be happy. Perhaps I'll get lucky today and find the right ones.
I'm not sure if I'll watch a lot of the Olympics. I'm not really cheering or interested in any particular sport, but if I get any scrapbooking time and there is something interesting to put on in the background, I'll probably do it. I do enjoy hearing about some of the stories of the athletes and how they've gotten so far. Kudos to them for all their training. Go team U.S.A.

So I thought it would be fun to feature some products playing on the Olympic theme. These are some things to help you look and feel your best, just like an Olympic athlete.

The first product today is the shampoo I love. John Frieda Brilliant Burnette shampoo. And don't worry, if you don't have brunette hair it comes in one for blondes and there is another one for folks with any other hair colors. And, if you have frizzy and wavy hair, these products are great for you. They have a fly away serum which is great for those little hairs that want to stick up on your head.
I started using this shampoo and conditioner a few years ago and the stylist I had at the time said they were a great over the counter product. I have tried other salon products and didn't feel like they were worth spending the extra money. Plus, I like being able to just pick this up at Wal Mart or Target when I'm getting other products. So, I recommend checking out the John Frieda website to see what products they have that might suit your needs.


I just got a free sample of this Oatmeal Crisp cereal in the mail and had a bowl this morning. It had a great taste and I liked it. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so be sure to have something so you can go for the gold during your busy day. This cereals flakes were slightly sweetened which appealed to my sweet tooth. It also had almonds in it, so if you've got nut allergies you might want to try another flavor they sell. This looks like a good way to sneak in some oatmeal, especially in a cool way since it is too hot to eat hot oatmeal.
I like trying different cereals since cereal can be such a quick way to get a bite in first thing in the morning. Between trying to get my little guy fed and the dog fed, this is a good option for me to get breakfast.

I hope y'all have a great weekend and if you are an Olympic follower you enjoy the games.

No comments:

Blog Archive