Friday, August 15, 2008

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!
Happy Friday everyone. It's back to the lab this morning to try and get the right glucose test. I'll be glad when that is all finished. I hate having to get shots and get stuck with needles, so doing this test really stinks.
It is hard to believe that stores are already putting out Halloween and fall stuff, but I've been to a few places already that have things out. I always like looking at the fall decorations, but I start to get a little sad that summer will be over. Even though it is so hot, summer and spring are my favorite times of the year.
Two of the Fabulous Favorite Friday picks today are two new candles I saw at Bath & Body Works. One of this is called Leaves and the other is a Pumpkin candle. I tried to post a picture, but their website wouldn't let me save it right. The candles come in cute little glass holders that have leaves and pumkins on the sides. I thought that the Leaves one was a weird idea, but when I smelled it, it smelled nice. So, if you are looking for some pretty candles with a good scent you might want to check them out.
My other Fabulous Favorite Friday pick is a dish that I made earlier this week. It is called Tabouli salad. I LOVE this stuff. It is super easy to make and is a healthy salad. It is especially good in the summer because it has tomatoes in it. It has a very clean, light taste to it. You add lemon juice to it and it is the type of salad that is best made ahead. The longer the flavors have to marinate the better.

I usually do a lot of shopping at Wal Mart, but they don't carry this there. I have found it at other grocery stores and it is usually in the section near the couscous and rice. This is one
brand of tabouli and a company called Far East sells it too.
So, if you are looking for an interesting new dish to try, I'd recommend this. When we went on vacation with dh's family back in April, I made this salad along with a lemon chicken shish kabob recipe and it got rave reviews.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Do something fun. Summer is quickly passing us by.

No comments:

Blog Archive