Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Digg!
Well, I'm off to the lab this morning to do the oh so wonderful glucose test. So, say a prayer for me. I hate needles and I hate fasting, so I'm super excited about this.

But, I wanted to share a great recipe a friend shared with me recently. I made it last week and I did take pictures of my finished product, but I didn't get a chance to pull it off the camera so I'll post it later. Since blueberries and zucchini have been in season around here, this was a great recipe to try. By the way, the notes in the recipe aren't mine, that is how I received the recipe. I didn't make this with the 4 mini loaf pans but did two bigger pans. It took much longer to cook. You just have to keep an eye on them and check them in the center with a tooth pick. I'd like to make this recipe again to freeze some of this bread. It was very moist. I personally don't like zucchini, but love it in a bread recipe.

Blueberry Zucchini Bread
3 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups white sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon (you can use up to a Tablespoon. It just depends how much cinnamon flavor you want)1 pint fresh blueberries, coat with some flour before adding to mixture (I use frozen blueberries for this bread, cheaper and works just fine.
Quickly mix in 1 tsp. of flour with the measured out blueberries before you fold them into the batter so they won’t all sink to the bottom)Preheat oven to 350° F.
Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini ­loaf pans. Bake 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

If you decide to make this recipe, I'd love to hear how you liked it and your take on it.

No comments:

Blog Archive