Thursday, January 7, 2010

Feast

Digg!
I declare today feast day! It's a new year and I'm just bopping through it. Can you believe we are already on day 7 of a new year?

I told dh that today was going to be feast day. They are calling for snow here today, (won't move in until late) but with the weather turning yucky I thought we should have a good meal. So I'll be cooking a roast. I've got yeast rolls out and ready to rise. And I have to say that to me the best yeast rolls in the world are the oens by Rhodes. I buy them in the freezer section of Wal Mart. They have a orange header on them. They take a couple of hours to rise, but are so worth it. If you don't have a nanna who can make you some good home made yeast rolls then you've got to get these.

One of my new year's goals is to do better planning with our meals. We want to get Sawyer eating a better variety of foods besides eating peanut butter for every meal. So I'm trying to plan our meals a little more. Also, I'm having him help me prepare dinner as much as I can. I'm trying to find little ways for him to help. I'm hoping that by helping he may be more excited to try things because he helped make it.

So tonight we will have a roast with some veggies and yeast rolls for the feast. I may try to pull together a dessert variation I saw on the Pioneer Woman's blog. She is my new favorite blog I'm following. http://thepioneerwoman.com/ I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey, girl! We are snuggling down here as well. I am doing a big pot of chili while we watch the snow.

Shonda said...

That's a great idea to have Sawyer part of the cooking process. He might eat it if he made it.

Blog Archive