Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday couldn't get here fast enough

Digg!
So as I posted earlier today, Sawyer is sick. We were off to the pediatrician's office earlier today and they aren't sure if he has strep throat. Poor kids throat has been really raw. He hasn't been able to eat much until about an hour ago. We got some anti-nausea medicine in him and that seems to have helped. He got a small nap in and I think that helped bring his fever down. His temperature almost got to 103 this morning. And we were up at 4 this morning. So, momma is hoping we all get some rest tonight.

My step grandmother apparently had a mild heart attack Tuesday and another Wednesday and was admitted to the hospital. She has hardening of the arteries so they can't do a bypass. Not sure what they will do. And my poor papa is still in the rehab place and was upset when they told him. They only told him she had a mild heart attack. Bless their hearts they've been through so much.

I didn't just want to post about family things even though as you can see, that is foremost in my mind. With my little one being sick, I haven't really been out of the house in a few days, but last night dh showed up with a bunch of goodies from Target. I'm really blessed to be married to a guy who likes to look for deals and finds it a challenge. I thought I'd share a few that he came home with in case you want to check them out at your local store. He bought an outdoor screened in gazebo. I believe he said the original price was $75 and it was marked down to $20. With Sawyer's birthday being in the summer, he knew this would come in handy. Also, they marked down their really nice folding chairs. You know, the ones that come in those nice canvas bags. They were marked down to $3. He also got a great deal on an indoor kids tent and the other thing that I love that he bought is a Coleman lantern. He thought this would be fun for when we go to the beach this summer, but I also told him that if we loose power at home during hurricane season, it is a great thing to have. I don't like using candles with toddlers around, so that is a great thing to have handy.

They are calling for 6 to 10 inches of snow here starting tonight. I'm hoping to get my little guys to bed and work on some knitting. It has been a long week. I can't wait to blog next week. I've got some cool things I've wanted to share and this week was pretty much a wash.

Hope you and yours are healthy, happy, and warm this weekend!

No comments:

Blog Archive