Monday, February 1, 2010

A month of love - and we love Cheerios!

Digg!
Update...
Wow, I can't believe it is February 1st. Since Valentine's Day is in February, I always think of February as the month of love. I've already put up Valentine's decorations which has helped brighten things with all the winter weather we've had.

My little guy, Sawyer, has been sick all weekend so it has been a rough weekend. We've dealt with scary high fevers. We are hopeful he is on the upswing. We didn't even get to play in the snow. :(

One of the things we love...

I was excited recently when the good folks at MyBlogSpark contacted me and asked me if I'd like to participate in a program they had with General Mills regarding kids cereals. I said, "Heck yeah, I'd love to!" So General Mills & MyBlogSpark sent me some coupons to get some free cereal. This was right up my alley because I always buy General Mills cereal. So, who doesn't love to get some for free?

The General Mills cereal I buy the most are Cheerios. Sawyer loves the plain Cheerios and I like the Frosted and the Cinnamon Apple Cheerios. This weekend I was so glad we had Cheerios because with this illness Sawyer had, he had been sick on his stomach. When he started to feel better, I was able to give him Cheerios because they weren't harsh on his tummy. The poor child was gobbling Cheerios as fast as he could.

Another reason I love Cheerios is they have been a great first snack as my kids have started eating solid foods. I remember when Sawyer was a baby I was nervous about giving him solid foods as his teeth were coming in and I remember asking my pediatrician about giving Cheerios. His comment to me was, "Well, I've never known a child yet to get choked on a Cheerio. They have the hole in the middle." So, I had to admit that made me feel a little bit better. LOL

A while ago I was watching The Today Show and saw a segment that their nutritionist, Joy Bauer, presented on healthy foods. One of the cereals that she recommended was Cheerios. They are a great source of whole grains which are supposed to be a part of your daily diet. Hearing that made me feel good that I'm giving my two little guys and myself a good cereal to start our day, and of course it also makes a great snack.

This was some other interesting information that I was sent about General Mill's efforts regarding kids cereals: "General Mills announced a commitment to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids under 12 to single digit grams of sugar per serving. The company has already been reducing sugar in cereals while increasing key nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin D, and providing whole grain."





I also wanted to show y'all this really cute book that my mom got for Sawyer. On the different pages you place the Cheerios. It is a great way to help kids with their fine motor skills because they place the Cheerios on different parts of the book. The Cheerios are also great to work with them on counting. Isn't it cute that you can put the Cheerios in the spots where the wheels go for the little cars? This book would make a great gift along with one of those small containers of Cheerios. This would be a good thing to pack in your bag to occupy your little ones when you go out to eat at a restaurant.

Here is a link where you can go and print off coupons for General Mills cereals. The folks at MyBlogSpark & General Mills sent me this link to share with you. Using these coupons paired with store sales can be a great way to pick up some cereal inexpensively. http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qljheit24889505&bt=wi&o=60627&ci=1&c=GM&p=NY8LmWB2

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments:

Blog Archive