Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And the diagnosis is...

Digg!
Well we went to the doctor again yesterday with poor little Sawyer to find out he has mono. I was floored because I have no idea how he would have gotten this. I've never even known a kid this small to get it. So, we are dealing with this and trying to get him better. This morning he is looking better, so that is encouraging. Now I have to worry about the rest of us possibly catching it. Oh joy.

So we are cooped up in the house while all this is going on. And after hearing that the ground hog saw his shadow, I think I'm ready to go ground hog hunting. I'm so ready for winter to be over with. I've been dreaming of warm sunshine and gardening and the beach.

I've decided that this year we are going to plant birdhouse gourds and dry them. I think will be a really fun project because I'm hoping that after we dry them I can get the kids to paint them. Not only can we learn about things growing, but make it an art project as well. I think I'll look at getting the seeds in the next few weeks. We've got a great garden center near us and as of last week they hadn't gotten in their gourd seeds. I'm hoping they will have them soon so we can start the plants inside. It will be a great way to spend the rest of our winter days watching the little shoots come up.

I just saw some god news this morning. I recently posted about Yo Baby Yogurt having a great rewards program when you enter codes off the lids of their yogurt and yogurt drinks. Well, I just saw that they've extended the program until June. So if you haven't done this yet there is still time to get in on it. I have been getting a ton of rewards because my kids eat so much yogurt. I love it that I can give them some healthy and we get a reward in return. Here is a link to my previous post about it. http://chiccraftychick.blogspot.com/2010/01/yo-baby.htmlf

So, that is what is going on here on our little snowy part of the world. Hope you are warm and having a great day in your neck of the woods.

No comments:

Blog Archive