Monday, February 22, 2010

Perdue Short Cuts Carved Chicken Breast

Digg!

On a day like today, I'm always looking for a short cut. And one I wanted to share today is one I pickup at the grocery store a lot, Perdue Carved Chicken Breast Short Cuts. I've been trying to incorporate more salads into our diet and I like grilled chicken. So these are a easy thing for me to do on a night where I need to make a quick meal, but I want it to be healthy. If I remember correctly, these come in a marinated version too, but I like the original roasted flavor best. When I make a salad, I've been buying good lettuce, cucumbers, whatever I can find in the way of a decent tomato, and strawberries since they've had some great ones recently. In just a few minutes I can make a dinner that is quick and easy, but is something good for us.

The other great thing about making a salad is that it is a job my three year old enjoys doing with me. He loves to place the sliced pieces into the bowl. I think I may have a budding chef on my hands.
I had hoped to post sooner today, but my youngest guy needed some extra cuddle time today. I think he still isn't feeling 100%. I think it may be the 6 teeth he has coming in all at once. Poor little guy.
So that is what is going on in my neck of the woods. Hope you are having a great day in yours!

1 comment:

Leene said...

Poor guy, hope the teeth come in quickly for him. I've never tried the precooked chicken chunks but am always in favor of anything that saves time with dinner prep. My big time savers are to wash and prep veggies when I get home from the grocery store and to also double where I can for example I make a double batch of spaghetti once a month then divide it into four containers for four meals. Leene

Blog Archive