Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs

Digg!

Panko bread crumbs. Oh how I love these. I always try to have them in my pantry. I discovered them years ago while watching Martha Steward prepare some dish using them. She mentioned that they always make whatever you are breading crispy and I loved that idea. So I started using them and they did not disappoint.
Pictured above are some chicken tenders I made recently. I just coat them in some egg yolk and then dip them in the Panko bread crumbs and fry them. I feel very honored because my three year old will eat these. He will only eat Tyson's chicken nuggets and that is it. So for me to be able to make something home made he will eat is a small victory.
Recently I've been buying chicken tenders as opposed to chicken breasts. A lot of the recipes I make call for cutting up a chicken breast and I find these are cheaper and part of the cutting work is already finished. So, I keep these in the freezer.
If you want to try Panko bread crumbs, Wal Mart sells the Progresso brand. I find them on the aisle where the flour and other baking items are located.
What are you making for dinner? Let me know if you are a fan of Panko bread crumbs.
Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods.

2 comments:

Leene said...

I love panko bread crumbs, found them at Trader Joes about a year ago but they stopped carrying them at the store I go to. My husband LOVES the chicken that I make, I usually sprinkle a little parmesan cheese also. The chicken, rice and corn is my hubbys favorite meal of all time and he asks for it each time he heads out to sea for more then a day. Tonight I'm making grilled cheese and tomato soup, its basketball practice night so we like something easy. Leene

Jen said...

I've never tried those bread crumbs...I always forget about making things breaded! I'll need to try them out. And I've been liking the tenders better, too, seem to be moister & often the same price at the store!

Blog Archive