Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowy Books

Digg!
Happy Wednesday everyone. The snow is falling here yet again this morning. I guess we will be staying put. The poor school systems in our area have had a time. Some of them got kids to school when the weather started getting worse. So they are trying to get the kids home safe. The weather man just said some folks are experiencing thunder snow. I've never seen that before, so I can't imagine. He said it is just like a thunder storm except you have snow instead of rain. He said that you can have 2 inches of snow dumped really quickly. I can't imagine.

Today I thought I'd share two books we've been reading since we've had so much snow lately. The first book is my favorite. It is called "Snowmen at Night". I love this book because it is such a clever story. A little boy comes out to find his snowman disheveled and then the story proceeds to tell the adventures of what snowmen do at night that gets them so disheveled. The story is just so cute with all of the things that snowmen do while we are all sleeping. I highly recommend this story.


The second story we've been reading is "The Snowy Day". This is the story of a little boy named Peter and it tells about all the things he does while going out to play in the snow. This story provides a good science opportunity to talk to kids about how the snow can change from a solid to a liquid when it melts.


Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Lisa Renata said...

I am so tired of this snow. Really. How about you?

Blog Archive